Sunday, September 25, 2005

this one's for you...

*sigh*

What on earth am I doing blogging at this time of day? I should be doing my readings for the essay that's due tomorrow which I have yet to start. And by start, I mean I should start reading my text book which I'm supposed to be half-way through by this time of semester... and I don't think I've touched it more than three times in the last 3 months.

And speaking of 3 - mate, the last 3 days have been quite interesting. For one, I woke up this morning with ridiculously sore shoulders and neck muscles. Go figure - I never thought I'd be one to get post-head-banging symptoms (as Tree called it in an SMS today) but I did spend a mad 1 hour or 2 last night jumping up and down like a maniac, appreciating having long hair, and having a gun work-out to pumped up rock music. Talk about exhilirating! After our band's performance, I figured it was time to go wild, so I did. And Ivy is a kick-ass moshing & head-banging buddy! Hahaha... Well done Portico 77. You rocked the stage and hall at St Mary's Cathedral, and for that you have my deepest respect!

Funny how I actually had energy to go crazy last night. Yesterday was one of the longest days in my life... especially after one of the most eventful nights... And here I thought Friday night was going to be quiet and that I'd get my assignment readings done! Ha! First there was the 47 minute phone call from a *certain someone* (what?! So I count the minutes... whoopteedoo!) Haha... *blush* which ended because someone else called... and that phonecall lasted a good 67 minutes... and ended because someone rang the doorbell... and the someone who rang the doorbell ended up sleeping on the couch that night. WHOA...

Talk about teenage drama. =) I guess God makes sure that my life is never boring.

Hrmm... but here I am, procrastinating, as per usual... but I did log on because I wanted to post something affirming... because I think there's someone (or maybe more than ONE) in my life who needs a bit of affirming. Not that I'm expecting them to read this blog... although I'm sure they stumble across some entries every now and again, do some of the copying and pasting tricks... etc etc..

But just in case you do read this, and you know who you are: this one's for you.

Yes... there is something amazing that God is planning for you. I know you look around and think that you're the only one who hasn't got what everyone else seems to have... but I guess the point is, that you were never meant to. God wants you to have more.

Yeah, we stuff up. We're human, after all. We've all made those mistakes. We chase the wrong boys, befriend the wrong girls (or vice versa), find ourselves in compromising situations and end up making the wrong choices... situations that challenge our belief that we've become better people because we find ourselves making the same mistakes over and over again. We think we'll never get the perfect person because we aren't perfect... so why would they want to be with us? We think the perfect person can't possibly exist... that love is just an ideal that only the very lucky people find.

But God will prove you wrong... if you would just let him. He is love, you know. And no, there is no such thing as the perfect person... but there is one person that can love you perfectly. If you stop chasing, he'll come along and find you. But if you look, you will find him. He will know exactly how to sweep you off your feet. He'll know what flowers to send you, what songs you want to hear and the type of chocolate that'll get you over your crappy mood. He'll know your family and love them to bits, despite all their idiosyncracies. He'll invite you into his family, and you'll feel like royalty... and when you fall in love with him, you'll realise that you are.

If you haven't caught on yet, then just know for the time being, that this person can't wait for you to fall in love with him. He'd give anything for you to fall in love with him. He wants you to be secure, stable and strong... and would give the world... even his life, to make sure you could live life to the fullest. ;o)

You need to be patient with yourself, just as he is with you. It takes trust... it takes time... and patience... and hope... and especially - prayer. Why prayer? Because when you start telling this guy what it is that you want... what it is you hope for... what it is you dream wildly about and wish on shooting stars for... he will start exceeding those.

Before you know it, you'll be living a life beyond those wildest dreams, and you'll find your wishes coming true.


It doesn't mean you'll be perfect. It doesn't mean life will be perfect. It doesn't mean that man you meet will be perfect.

But that love that you'll discover? That'll be perfect... and that's what will complete you.

"God is love..." [1 John 4:8]

1 comment:

gerry said...

It was for me aye JOY? hahahaha...but yeah...ur affirmation hit me too!! i teared up abit! *sigh*

patience.. yeah? hehe...

LUV U LOTS!! and haha laughin HARD at ur vulnerability! hehhehe...

*muah* *hugs* *bites?* hehehe...