Sunday, September 11, 2005

i may have to hurt you...

It's Sunday afternoon... a beautiful Sunday afternoon. I told Colloes that it's perfect walking weather... *sigh* Thank you Jesus... for days like today... when I feel you looking down on me through the cloudless sky... when tears are safely harboured behind happy shores... where all I feel is elation; anticipation... and (funnily enough...) joy. =)

So what's with my blog title this afternoon? Ah... the blunt and harsh knife of the reality of our pyramid of a situation. ;o) I was talking to one of my uni mates about relationships. We were sipping one of those cool drinks that you get from the Liquid Bar in the cafeteria and had one of those random conversations about life and love.

He said: That sucks... that it's always so risky to give your heart to someone.
I said: Well it wouldn't be worth much if the risk wasn't as high.
He said: Yeah, but it wouldn't hurt as much would it?
I said: You've been burnt haven't you?
He said: (after a long pause) Yeah... and the wounds are still open.
I said: How did she burn you?
He said: She didn't... I walked into the fire.
I said: Hmmm?
He said: You know how it is don't you? The fire looks inviting... it's exciting, it gets you hot, it lights up your life... so you walk closer and closer, and you ignore all the warning signs and you even ignore it when she yells it at you loud and clear not to come closer.
I said: Well then... if she warned you, that's your own fault.
He said: Yeah... I know.
I said: That makes two of us.

And with that... time for a walk.

1 comment:

gerry said...

hahaha..its funny how that relates to you!! ahaahha...