Monday, September 05, 2005

let it linger...

The scene: 1:18am. Sitting in bed in my grey trackies and a black 3/4 sleeved top. Rosary ring on left ring finger. Unwashed hair. Purple & white bedsheets. Navy blue socks.

Next to me: White desk with fluorescent lamp. Box of tissues. Diary. In His Steps prayer journal. Boxes of shoes. Black hair clip. "Culture & Technology" by Andrew Murphie & John Potts (my MAS307 lecturer). Laptop bag. Snacks. Packet of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle lollies from America. Carpet.

The situation: One of best mates was in car accident - praying very hard for his recovery. Lots of time on the phone tonight. Laptop mouse pad annoying the hell out of me. Haven't done any REAL uni work in 2 months. Just finished writing my to-do list for this week.

Thinking about: Yesterday - Pia & Ray got married (now that was pretty cool...how I love seeing people in love!) Forgiveness and how it takes humility - which is one of the most challenging things to find and keep. Sleep... and how I'd love some very soon. Krispy Kreme donuts.. and how I would also like some of those very soon. How the word "also" has been added to my habitually used vocab, along with a small list of habits which I've inherited from a certain *someone*

Today: Was also very cool...

I received an early morning wake-up call which turned into a 10minute phone call about not wanting to get out of bed despite both conversationalists being so very late for the same event i.e. Mass @ St Andrews. Ended with me saying "Oh no! It's raining outside!" and him saying "Are you serious?!" and my battery dying.
We faced rain... which looked miserable... I think I was feeling so over the moon I didn't notice. Was shouted breakfast at McDonald's (Bacon & Egg McMuffin meal with white coffee morning beverage) and got driven to work. Had one of those embarrassing moments when I hit my head as I exited the car (embarrassing but funny).

Met Chirley, Joanne, Dianne and Robelle at work today. Totally loved seeing Nace & Dom this morning. And wanted to hug Lisa & Cass for turning up, despite the coldness... Got driven home by curious priest who makes me laugh and smile because of his persistence about my (lack of a) love life. Hahaha...

I spent the afternoon going through WYD photos picking out ones I want to print... should have been doing my work! Grrr... Had late lunch with my famz. (Chinese take-out)

*sigh* It was awesome today, I will admit. I was on the phone to one of my mates today, and was telling stories about how my family made me laugh a lot today - especially my Dad. It felt good knowing that my family are one of the main reasons why I'm so happy these days. There's a lot I'm excited for... even though I'm not quite sure whether anything is actually happening (despite the obvious and amazing fact that my sister's having a baby next year!) They seem to put a smile on my face for all their different reasons. It felt even better when the guy I was talking to pointed out that fact that moments like these really are quite special, considering the history. =) So... *big smile* for that one... and thanks God... for answering my prayers! (what a champ!)

I went into church for the third time today, and thought the best moment was seeing the look on the faces of the people that I gave presents to. I was so picky with the gifts I bought the girls... and told 'em all the stories behind each present... just so they knew why I gave them that one in particular. The finest memories are seeing the smiles on the people you love the most, and knowing that part of the reason for that smile is something you've done.

All in all today was a series of beautiful moments.. many of which seem like answered prayers. My heart is content right now... and sometimes even overflowing. Sometimes I feel like I'll explode because God is winning me over with his love. I figure each moment has its miracle, and I'm determined to discover each one... just so I can keep feeling this way.

No comments: