Saturday, September 10, 2005

love is a leap

"Generally I understand everything, but since I met you, nothing." [Hugh Jackman - Kate & Leopold]

Lessons of the Day:
- Never watch romantic comedies when you're about to get your rags.
- Always cover all exposed areas of the bathroom sink before you dye your hair.
- Stretch your muscles after long walks.
- Don't assume you know what people are thinking or feeling.
- Don't be afraid to tell people what's really on your mind.
- Treasure the innocence and vitality that comes from young people with faith.
- Random but thoughtful text messages are always gratefully received.

Something about today's weather reminded me of school art excursions to the city, Thursday afternoon sport, the glorious feeling you have after walking out of an exam, Summer crushes and being in high school. Summer makes me nostalgic... I know it's not Summer, but it sure felt good to be alive today - part of why I went for a 45 minute walk across two suburbs this afternoon as the sun was beginning to set - just so I could appreciate the fresh air... you know how it is.

Tonight I watched Kate & Leopold - sweet movie; go watch it if you haven't already. Kind of makes me wonder whether or not two people who are so different can really fall in love. Also makes me wonder why chivalry is dead... seriously - where is the guy who would ask a girl to dance? Where is the guy who will be fearlessly sincere? Where is the guy who has direction and drive? The guy who is passionate and practical? Strong and gentle? The guy who is going to sweep me off my feet. The guy who won't want to leech off me or stand behind me? The guy who understands that I don't belong to him. The guy who doesn't want to fix me... but accepts and loves me for who I am. The guy who will love God more than he loves me... and is a better person because of it.

Does he exist? I wonder if he does...

In my pattern of nostalgia, I started reading through my e-journal, which I started in March 2004. Funny how things progress... and how stupid I look when viewed in retrospect. But I thought I'd put up some of the thoughts that I once recorded, stumbled upon, and now, am smirking at...

When you like a person… don’t ever tell them until you’re ready to wade through a flood of consequences. Things change when you admit things. Even when you don’t want them to change. When you tell a person… don’t expect them to understand.
When you like a person… don’t tell them you’re going to pursue those feelings unless you really know you’re ready to pursue those feelings to the end. Don’t start the journey unless you’re willing to pursue it to the end. You have to walk the whole distance and you can’t bail out half way. You walk with your eyes fixed on Jesus – and never, for a moment, focus your eyes on your own map or your own plans. Just keep yourself focused on Jesus. Because once you change your focus, you are likely to fall into the trap of changing direction too. That’s when you get lost, stumble into pride,selfishness and sin. And that’s when it starts to hurt.
[26th April, 2004]

I don’t want a guy who relies on me to keep him strong, who asks me to make his decisions for him… I want a guy who is a Man of God – that means his relationship with God is what brings him to me; not the other way around. Because when he comes to me, it should mean that his relationship with God is strong enough to see us through the emotional downpours and battles... [4th July 2004]

What does it mean when someone walks into the room... you see them, and everything seems to feel like it’s gonna be ok?? [4th September 2004]

Though there are moments and even extended periods of time where my insecurities are erased, and I give the image of stability… my identity is still completely undefinable. I’m indefinite. I’m a paradox and complete contradiction.
And yet my needs are simple. I just want someone to love me. Completely, unconditionally and truly. Sincerely, honestly and without reserve.
[18th September 2004]

And with that, dear readers... goodnight.

2 comments:

anca. said...

"The guy who is going to sweep me off my feet."

ohh dear joy..i utterly concur with you. i myself have also been keeping myself occupied, watching hitch today. and it made me fall in love with will smith all over again. & knowing you're a good old sap for romantic flicks, i reccommend it. he' s soo smooth. anyways, the first line he has in the movie goes like this (featured on Oprah).

"Basic Principles - no woman wakes up saying "God, I hope I don't get swept off my feet today!" Now, she might say "This is a really bad time for me," or something like "I just need some space," or my personal favorite "I'm really into my career right now." You believe that? Neither does she. You know why? 'Cause she's lying to you, that's why. You understand me? Lying! It's not a bad time for her. She doesn't need any space. And she may be into her career, but what she's really saying is "Uh, get away from me now," or possibly "Try harder, stupid," but which one is it? 60% of all human communication is nonverbal, body language; 30% is your tone, so that means 90% of what you're saying ain't coming out of your mouth. Of course she's going to lie to you! She's a nice person! She doesn't want to hurt your feelings! What else she going to say? She doesn't even know you... yet. Luckily, the fact is that just like the rest of us, even a beautiful woman doesn't know what she wants until she sees it, and that's where I come in. My job is to open her eyes. Basic Principles - no matter what, no matter when, no matter who... any man has a chance to sweep any woman off her feet; he just needs the right broom."

howzat!

- Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away..

isnt he dreamy!? *sigh..

gerry said...

"I just want someone to love me. Completely, unconditionally and truly. Sincerely, honestly and without reserve"

i want the same thing! and i realised what i want is already sumthing thats been apart of my life for so long! its times like these we fail to see that GOD is enough! he is the pure definition of love and the only one capable of loving us the way we need and want to be! but apart from all the blessings he showers us with..he WILL bless you with sumone so incredible and special and that love will be even more precious then you could have ever imagined because its a love that would have bloomed in God's time not yours.

love you!! =)