Thursday, September 29, 2005

resting my brain

It's 4:41pm and I've been at uni for 7 hours. If I'm good, I'll stick around for another 3. Not that I want to stick around...My eyes hurt. I got 3 hours of sleep. The last person I spoke to last night was the person who woke me up this morning. I think I'm over-dosing on mobile phonecalls. Or maybe I'm being called too much.
I was pondering on that this morning... too much of something is never good. So maybe it's time to take a breath... take a step back... get my head out of the clouds, give my heart a sedative and rest my brain.
This day has been crazy. Got to uni before 9:30am and started working on my major project. I'm so sick of its title - here's a lesson to everyone - never recycle ideas, especially if those ideas risk being chosen as a major group work for the upcoming semester. If I ever see the word "Revelation" again, I'm going to puke. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't give me bad feelings or anything. But I'm telling you, the way to kill a good feeling is to over-do it. Hence the worrying about over-dosing on phone calls.

So right now I'm chatting to Aron and Fr Warren and totally abusing the wireless internet at my uni... finally brought my laptop in (something I've rarely done this year) but decided to bring it because of all the snaps I can scab and modify for the site.

Hey so I had a funny morning today. I tried to count blessings while I was on my way to uni, just to stay in a good mood. The funny things involve an Asian bus driver who got mad at an Indian woman for getting on the bus too early.
"I've still got 3 minutes of my break left!" He says, indignantly, in that brilliant Chinese accent that only Russel Peters can do without being bashed. "You get out and wait until I have my rest!"
Then there was the girl who was doing her nails on the back of the bus. What a weird one. I was reading "Guitar Highway Rose" on the back seat and caught a whiff of something chemical, and looked up to realise she was painting her nails while we were thundering down the M2. Strange, I tell you.


Ok... cut my brain out of my head and throw it into a warm bath with bubbles, strawberries, champagne and my personal masseuse. =) Thanks.

1 comment:

j(",)Y said...

Right now Ryan's over. He just said that I'm soo not a girl. Ha! ...
Should I be offended? I think I bring comments like that on myself.
I would also like to be in pampering mode. =) Dude I am sooo over uni.